Madhya Pradesh: A Central Splendor
Topography of Madhya Pradesh
• It occupies approximately a Central position in the Indian Map and comes under the North Central Zone. Its central position only gives it a name Madhya, meaning center in Hindi.
• Here is its brief profile:-
>Districts = 48
>Tehsils = 347
>Blocks = 459
>Towns = 465
>Villages = 76,220
Map of Madhya Pradesh, 2001 Reports
• The bordering states are: - Rajasthan in the North West, Gujarat in the West, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh in the South, Chhattisgarh in the East and Uttar Pradesh in the North.
• It is the second largest state in India after Rajasthan.
• Area: - 308,209 sq km or 119,000 sq mi.
• The capital of MP is Bhopal and the state has 48 districts in total.
•The land of Madhya Pradesh is divided as follows on the basis of share of various sectors:-
1. About 33% area is under forests.
2. About 45% is Net Sown Area.
3. About 56.7% is Gross Cropped Area.
4. About 9.6% of land is Not Available for Cultivation.
Paddy (Rice) is under the widest cultivation of Madhya Pradesh. It is followed by Wheat, Maize, Jowar and Bajra.
Visit the following links to know more about Madhya Pradesh: -
1. Population and Ethnic Composition of Madhya Pradesh
2. Forest and Wildlife of Madhya Pradesh
3. Major Rivers of Madhya Pradesh
4. History of Madhya Pradesh
5. Economy and Major Food Crops of Madhya Pradesh
6. Government of Madhya Pradesh
7. Education in Madhya Pradesh
8. Cuisine of Madhya Prradesh
This resource is a must read to know most basic facts of Madhya Pradesh.
The above resource has been verified by ISC’s Editor on what basis as in brief profile shows the number of total district in Madhya Pradesh is 61 and it’s below 48 districts.
If I consider the above post is authentic then I am doing mistake and at this stage how I can refer other published information / data.
If the above resource has been verified by ISC Editors, which shows the editors is also not aware about Madhya Pradesh. This reflect the resources on this sites are how much authentic.
I would request to ISC’s editors please avoid such type of mistake during approval of resources to avoid unnecessary confusion for visitors.
Please refer the link http://archives.nic.in/madhyapradesh/profile.htm from which the above details has been taken by Author but he was not aware the information provided on site is old and require to update.
I request to all member please refers any site for reference but don’t forgot to update the information.
First of all, thankyou very much for correcting me. But you should not go aggresive for this mistake. I am sorry if this information of mine caused you or any other visitor any sort of harm.
But just try to understand, that what's new today has to go old tomorrow. The data recorded in a particular census is always displayed in such profiles. The new census will come up again with new changes of the past decade. I will try to change my post by searching for the newest data. And please don't blame the editor for this, actually the webmaster of this site Sandy Sir has to serve as a site co-ordinator of IndiaStudyChannel and also has to take care of all other spider websites. Secondly he is busy with his own work, so such small mistakes are inevitable (unless you leave all your work and devote a 24/24 to such works.)
Instead of sorting out such little mistakes, please try to post a better resource about Madhya Pradesh Profile if you can. I really welcome such posts from you.